Healthy New Year’s Resolutions 2015 – Keeping on Track

For some, 2015 has been a difficult year, whether it has involved family bereavement, redundancy, relationship breakdown, or poor health. 2016 means new beginnings. As part of this fresh perspective, people will set a number of new year’s resolutions whether it might be to stop smoking or drinking alcohol for the entire month, or the most common one, to lose weight. Adam Strong Personal Trainer, Athlete, Author and Transformation Coach, discusses how to keep those resolutions on track.

January is a time where you see a surge in gym attendance, fitness classes or just a general increase in physical activity. From my experience, for most people new year’s resolutions are short lived. Some give up in less than a week, others in 3 months but the shocking fact is that 95% of us give up on our new year’s resolutions before Easter. So what do you need to do to keep your resolutions on track?

  1. Goals:  without goals you have no focus or direction so set yourself short, medium and long-term goals. I always tell my clients to set one fitness and one nutritional goal. Your short-term goal should be something that you can achieve in the next 4 weeks. Medium within 4-12 weeks and long term is 12 weeks plus.
  2. Don’t run before you can walk: the biggest reason why most people cannot sustain their  motivation is because they start off too intensely. Christmas and New Year is a disruption to most people’s routines so my advice is to gradually build up; this is much easier to build into your lifestyle and turn into healthy habits.
  3. Risk and Reward:  rewarding yourself or incentivising is important as this increases exercise adherence and motivation. The reward needs to be something small, for example, a trip to the movies or a new dress. The risk you set has to cause embarrassment or something you fear, now that’s going to be personal. I had a client that dressed in women’s clothes all day.
  4. Stick to the 80/20 rule: this basically means 80% of the time have a perfect diet; the other 20% have what you like. There is no such thing as ‘the perfect diet’ but enabling the 80/20 rule you don’t feel guilty eating food if you don’t lose the weight you wanted to.
  5. Commitment: what is the point in setting goals if you are not going to be      committed? You are wasting your time. So if you are going to do something do not let procrastination get the best of you.

If you like my (Adam Strong’s) regular articles get in touch and connect via social media. I want to offer you the opportunity to download my latest E-book ‘5 Tips to Maximising Fat Loss, Motivation and Energy Levels’ plus 3 free health assessments and three free chapters of my new book ‘Move It or Lose It’. This book is written for corporate executives looking at mindset, diet and nutrition and exercise on the go.

Don’t miss out on the big opportunity, just go to and opt-in.

Adam Strong is a Personal Trainer, Athlete, Author and Transformation Coach. His company Xclusive Corporate Fitness specializes in working with executives and organizations in achieving peak performance in the corporate world. He has created a 12-step programme using mind-set, sports performance and nutritional strategies as a vehicle to achieve this

?                Facebook

?                Twitter

?                Linkedin

?                Google +

?                Pinterest

Adam Strong +44 (0) 7738-276169